Sunday, March 30, 2008

Still alive (and kicking....)

Phew, this has been the longest silence since we started this blog. Yeah yeah, were all still alive just very very bizy....

I worked three weeks straight after IM. Last weekend we did a short triathlon in the camp. Phoowee, swim okay, but havent cycled for ages so the 45km ride was torture.... (skipped the run, too hot allready). Actually we spend alot of time talking, before the swim with Chan and Mr Ngae, before cycling with Salman, during cycling met Peter Lau in Putrajaya so talk some more.... Really need to start cycling more again, few months ago started to feel confident (many thanks to Dino for his coaching), but now I'm back at 22km per hr!!!

Been busy the last two weeks with swim training. Together with Danial we're brushing up our skills on free style and improving our stamina. Coached by Mr Peh and Alvin. I'm enjoying it even though it's not easy to manage work, kids, trafficjams and training. Time time time ......

Usually swimming above 3km per session, for the two of us who are not used to swimming free style it's quite exhausting but we're starting to feel the improvement. Especially Danial's stroke has really improved... (I'm a Slowbro as usual) Still feel more comfortable with breast stroke but slowly gettin better in free style...

This morning four of us took part in KLIM (=Kuala Lumpur International Marathon).
Danial and Dayan ran 7km. (I think Dayan suffered a bit but need to get tough with this kid as his waistline is still way to big).
Kalam ran the full marathon, a bit too early -just a month after IronMan. The first part was smooth but in the second half an old knee injury started to bug him. He finished just under 5 hours. Anyway he's irritating, can finish all these super events without much training while the rest of the human race has to suffer, train hard and then only might be able to finish -welcome to humanity honey!!!
As for me, I applied my tested and tried 'walk uphill, run downhill mode'. Except this route has not many hills mainly flat so.... ....powerwalk. Shortly after the first waterstation at 5km I realised I lost my timing chip! Losing the RM20 deposit is one thing but doing this whole bloody thing for nothing that's frustrating!!! Anyway someone told me I'd still get a medal and as I love my hardware collection, my mind was at peace and continued my sunday stroll. I met Patsy who I haven't seen since Womens Games Triathlon last year, we kept close to each other for most of the race. Lots of other friends before, during and after the race. Sometimes I wonder 'Am I doing these races for the sake of the races or because I love meeting this group of people'. Definitely both elements play a big part....
OP Bandit caught up with me after the first waterstation and we happily chitchatted all the way till Bkt Bintang. There he decided to wait for a friend while I wanted to complete the race within the cut-off time. I finished the race in 3.19hrs... yeah my first half marathon and I was still able to run the last bit (show-off , only run in front of the crowd). So another medal added to the collection....

Other happenings;
As for my work, the 3-sided coins has rolled and flipped over several times and finally come to rest- I'm stayin put in GIMC.

Janie gave birth to another 5 kittens. Kittens were under attack this afternoon by a male cat who crept into the house. Luckily Janie was there to defend her little ones.... Bad papa puzzy

5 comments:

SaifulAzri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SaifulAzri said...

congratulation to both of u. Ironman kalam, you muscle are super duper power LAH!

Ali said...

Good to hear that someone else also completed their first half marathon..
good job nurina..
as to Maj K..keep going stronger

Belacak said...

Congrat K family. Thinking of joining UPNM team for free ride to A Farmosa. Will be in KL in 2 wks. eeerr where do you guys ride huh? My house soon will be in TMN Equine.

zulhassan said...

taniah semua..sorry tak dapat jumpa kawan2 pada hari tu. cuba cari tapi ramai sgt manusia.