Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Is there any hope left????????????

Since the beginning of December nearly every week has a public holiday in it. Of course I'm not complaining about his, on the contrary -wished it would continue all year round!!!
On sunday Kalam, Danial and me joined 'Kayuhan LTdL" (LTdL=Le Tour de Langkawi). The event took place in Putrajaya, free t-shirts for the first 100 participants to register. There were two distances: 40km and 1km.
UPM turned out in full force with some 20 cyclists - mostly female.Several other groups, including scouts.
We thought we were quite late as Kalam send the UPNM team to towerthon before driving down to Putrajaya. Only Danial got a t-shirt but there was still plenty of time. As usual speech upon speech followed for about an hour. At the end our ears were sore and finally we were flaggedc off, VIP's in front (Dato' Azalina). After 1km the first group reached their finishline. I couldn't believe my ears when the anouncer said it was now time for refreshments!!!
THAT IS THE STATE OF SPORTS IN MALAYSIA;
TALK FOR AN HOUR
CYCLE 1KM
GO MAKAN!!!
Is there any hope left????
I guess there is. Some 2000 cyclists showed up....
Only a few familiar faces (Azmar, others dunno names). After the 1km cyclists were out of the way, we happily cycled. Felt good on the bike, Dino's lessons have helped me a lot. After 20km we came back to the starting point in front of Kementerian Belia dan Sukan. I took my time, have a drink, relax my legs for the 2nd loop, had my racebunny marked. BUT the organisers tought one round enough (takut orang penat ke?).
So we packed our bikes and went home. Quite happy with my time, just over half an hour for 20km. Kalam managed to follow behind the lead cyclists, Danial also left me behind, happy with his new bike.

On the way back we got some great news; UPNM's team won the university category in the towerthon!!!
Congrats to UPNM (all five winning guys are members of the triathlon-club)
Big Booh to UPM (only cycled 1km, these ladies better join kelab masak masak)

Now having another long weekend ahead, not sure yet what to do Swim? Cycle? Run? Kalam is in Sabah till friday. He's climbing Mount Kinabalu together with the UPNM's cadets. This is a yearly event and it is the third time Kalam joins the climb. However since he's an Powerbar Elite athlete now in case anyone asks, my answer is:
"Kalam is undergoing High Altitude training before IM Langkawi"

1 comment: