Saturday, July 26, 2008

PD Triathlon

The first time I saw PD triahtlon was 4yrs ago. From just watching our family has graduated, with this year three of us taking part in the Olympic Distance. We missed out on the sprint as we choose to do MUDS duathlon instead -not enuf time to do all the races in one weekend.


Lazy to write another race-report.

Just a few highlights:
At the last part of the returning leg (about 150-200 m from the beach) one of the swimmers suffered severe cramps in his legs and couldn't swim anymore. He held unto a buoy and waved to the kayak and waterscooter for help. The kayak and scooter saw him but as they were on the other side (the open sea side) they were unable to reach him. In order to reach him, they would have had to cross the ropes and across the lane of uncoming swimmers. There were no lifeguards placed on the inner side. When it became clear that no help was going to arrive, Jeremy (one of the relay swimmers and a certified lifesaver) took hold of the guy and started pulling him to the beach.(hihi Jeremy was my student for CPR course last year) I swam alongside to calm the swimmer and in case Jeremy would become fatigued. (happy I took the trouble last year to get my own certification as a lifesaver)

Even though we continued to wave and shout, no attempt to help us was made. In the end Jeremy had to pull the swimmer all the way to the beach. When we reached the beach a stretcher was waiting but the swimmer was fine once he reached dry land.
My point what is the use of having a stretcher ready at the beach if there are no means of getting the swimmer out of the water?



In the morning my legs were stiff from the duathlon the day before. I cycled most of the 40km together with Emma (Emma fromUPNM, I can only match Emma Bishop's cycling speeds in my dreams).
Suffered badly on the run, couldn't handle the heat. Everytime I tried to run my calfs would cramp gues I shouldn't have done the duathlon the day before. Anyway finished the event, got another medal for my collection.


Triathlons are for people of all sizes


Nice calm sea


Three wonderfull vibrant ladies: Sue Ee. JuliJewel & Jaja


Danial's swim times are improving


Hubby was flagged off in an earlier wave


Life-saver Jeremy


Victim (UPNM cadet -newbie)


Big fat mama



My handsome son (hehe, i know all mothers say like that)


I still dont look good in thights SIGH


Emma, the only female UPNM TRI-athlete


Lotta ladies watching Mej K......



Danial has learned how to potong sayur, watch and see







Local VIP acknowledges the applause from the crowd


Juli, a really strong runner

Nurina, a really lousy runner


Aini, certified TRIATHLETE

Certified friends
Sanjeev, the heat and cramps got the better of him. Luckily he was back on his feet 10 minutes later
Pictures by Mr Tey, Norizan and Aini

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,wah..u son lengchai and potential ,strong..think he know what is potong sayur..haha !!

U family is truely tri family...cheers !!!

Tey

Jaja Shah said...

wah wah danial mesti dah ramai peminat sekarang. he's ready for IRONMAN!

well done all

Juliana said...

congratz to all!! ayaa...me strong runner ?..alamak.. i take that as a challenge ! i look like one of those Kampung Boy cartoons running !! hahaa.a... cya tomorrow !! so i pick ur sons up from ur place? daniel kacak (handsome)& darimi comell..major, jgn jealous i puji ur sons..hahhaha..

p.s. : nurina, thanks letak my gambar2..hehehe..i got ur foto in my report also..have u seen it ?

bola2api said...

yeah we did it..

never thought i'd conquer the swim bit with 3 wks of classes haha.. not advisable to do anything of the sorts next time. i have to plan and training properly so that i won't panic as much :) thanks to u for fixing me a swim coach.. i love u dear....

MAJOR K said...

Aini dah jadi triathlete, tahniah! Kena tukar nama kat blog! Apsal tak mai MUDS?

Belacak said...

I heard Mej K will be posting to MINDEF. What will be happen to your UPNM team should you gone? FYI i'm in Lumut attending course for 3 months.