Tuesday, August 21, 2007

HALF IRONMAN OLEDI!

As usual, hero goes to the battle without proper training as compared to all the 'mutants' triathletes. Pj Half 21K, 2 hrs 13 mins was 6 days before Desaru. Swim? Total of 1.5km play-play type during that week. Cycling? Hampeh... while waiting for Mr Naza Ria, I cycle to office so total distance was about 500m X 2 X 5 days. Missus were not that impress with this Ironman wannabe hahaha gonna waste money for not finishing! But deep inside my soldier's heart, a battle must be fought before we know whether we win or loose. Hahaha talk cock huh?
Ok la, the trip was great with Mr Naza 'Black Ma' Ria behaving nicely. Except the noise and complaint from the back! Never happy these kids. As expected, sea was like last year. Yoo hoo last year I was only cycling. Ok some mental calculations before going to the battle. Swim 2k - estimated at 1hr 15 min (based on accidently 2km swim at Bukit Merah hahaha padan muka). Cycling last year I did 3hrs 50 mins (heavy metal bike Apache) so this year target at 4hrs (after swim but considering lighter bike). Run, based on Pj Half, target at 2hrs 45mins (after swim and run, giler babun weh). Altogether 8hrs! Start at 10, finish at 6! Considered ok to me, still daylight and Lan will say I am damn slow or whatever but then You are Finisher! Hahaha thats what I want to hear.
So came morning 18 Aug 2007, the moment of truth! Swim was hell. against the waves! From 1st bouy to 2nd bouy felt faster. Then coming in to the beach was endless!!! Current under was pulling my body away, waves pushing to the beach. So mathematically, +5cm -5cm you got zero movement! So Mr Breaststoker-all-the-way have to push harder to get moving. Then this Pete Jacobs I guess, overtook me like a jet ski riding a wave! Mutants! He completed 2km oledi??? 2nd loop was worse! Arrive at 1st bouy, I felt dizzy and stop for a while. Saw missus slowly coming in, heehhee I left her when she arrived at 1st bouy (and dizzy gone). 2nd bouy oso dizzy again, stop for a chit chat with the lifeguard. Hahaha they thought I couldnt make it probably. And final push, yessss kacang (peanut) only! Stick it in my head. Finally arrived with missus 1 min behind. We were kind of together gether during the 2nd loop! Honeymoon lah!
Then run for the water, yuck, so much sea water in my belly! My tongue felt numb.
T1, put everything on and go! This one I can do lah hehehe! Not much problem, make sure I beat 4hrs so speed must be above 25km/h! Passed familiar mutants, Stupe, Shazly, Azmar, Saiful (mutants from Pluto, hybrid with human sub species whatever) Thats why these bugger so strong! Hahaha kutuk kutuk.... The rain and storm came, felt like Powerman 2006 minus the hills. I love the rain, maintain 25-26km/h average and cool. Cant remember much, but keep on passing elite like Awea, Ah Wong, Randy, etc dont know how many times they overtook me. Doc Hisyam was infront of me all the time, have to catch up with him! So after the cycling, I gave him a chase! Yeah feet feel good, non stop only at water station for 'mandi'!!! And bananas! Starving like hell. Finally a few km a way, I saw Doc Hisyam slowly run n stop n run n stop. With a bit more power, I chased him and finally we run together gether to the finish line! Lan announce our names hehehe and I realized that the time was not 8 hrs! Only 7hrs 5 mins yesss... !!! Giler gorilla nih, the next day I felt my leg a bit heavy hehehe pity them. Well... thats about it! Ironman Langkawi ...... target at 16hrs 50mins still Ironman maaa..... training????? Ooopssss good question................... I'll keep in touch with those who train ya? Give me some mental training....................... hahahahahahhaha I just want to spend times more with my family lah. Its more funner than anything else, believe me.....

3 comments:

bola2api said...

congratulations Mejar K and Nurina!

nurina said...

Tq tq tq ... mcm pro je! Are you going to Powerman 2007?

Jaja Shah said...

congrats wonder mom, salute to u!