Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Good times, bad times

It has been a week of ups and downs. On sunday the 28th Oct. I attended to a symposium together with a collegea. The talks were given by various cardiologist and cardiacthoracic surgeons from Gleneagles. Especially the talk by dato' Nik Zainal was very good. The next day he died in a traffic accident.




On friday morning I woke up with a sore neck and stiff shoulder. Ahja, usual lah, use computer too much. Go for a good swim in the afternoon to loosen up. The next day the pain was worse and some fingers in my hand were cold and numb. Better check this out. Got my X-rays back today; extensive sclerosis and cervical spondylosis. I'm not really surprised by the findings, the symptoms were there for quite a long time. Now learning how to live with this, weeh can't use computer for long periods -have to restrict my blogging.....


Sunday morning we took the whole family to FRIM for the 'Brooks fun run'. Quite a good turnout for a first time non-competitive event; more than 600 participants. Darimi was proud and excited to have a number pinned unto his shirt.


Dr. Chua joined the run with his son and also some of the OT-nurses. Dr Chin C.H. was supposed to join but didn't show up.
Our little athletes complained a bit halfway the walk/run but managed to finish the run without much problem.
All four kids had a nice time playing in the stream afterwards...

Fun run pictures by Chan Wing Kai from the pacesetters website


Back to work on monday, first news of the week; Dr. Chin CH's wife died of cancer the previous day.

Rest of the week; work, half hours of training in the afternoons. I really wished I could cycle to work. It wouldn't take me any longer, unfortunately cycling on MRR2 and Jln Ampang is for kamikazies only.
GERAM; i applied for leave the 1st week of december so I would be able to join 'International Life Saver' course in UPNM. Can become a lifeguard (but no garantuees you're looks will become like David Hasselhof or Pamela Anderson). BUT:

My .....boss doesn't want to approve my leave. Work would be interrupted too long if I take off for 5 days!!!! Yet he can tell me if i want to go for cuti he can approve (don't ask me to explain the workings of a brain like his). I've only rejoined Gleneagles half a year ago and thought I would be happy staying for years, instead find myself restless again. Job-opportunities abound - just a matter of choosing the right one....

Looking forward to Powerman this weekend, see all the gang after a long break. I really missed not seeing all our frens.... The friendships are as important as the sport itself.




Oops, Mrs Senile posted the wrong map on this blog: this one is Ipoh-run

thousand apologies







Race route Powerman




Look on this map coming sunday and you will be able to see a chubby cyclist followed by a motorcyclist holding a red flag: THAT"S ME






Ultraman-boy (alias brooks run finisher) had quite a fall yesterday.




Trying to show off to guests how fast he runs, he slipped and fell flat on his face; swollen lip but luckily no need for a trip to the emergency ward

3 comments:

MAJOR K said...

Yo mama mia... itu map ipoh 12km road run lah!!!! HAiyoooo too much eating kuih raya ha?? Told ya...

The Eraser said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nurina said...

sorry sorry, i'll correct it, getting old and senile I guess