Thursday, December 6, 2007

Lifesavers at last

It's been a week of bits and pieces.
On saturday Kalam joined some of the cadets on a bicycle-ride to Putrajaya. Of course no off-saturdays in private healthcare so I had to work (anyway that group is way too fast for me). Never mind, on sunday afternoon I went for a bicycle-ride with Juli. We started from Putrajaya infocentrum.
I've hardly cycled since Powerman. The roads inside the camp are in a bad condition and I don't feel confident to cycle out of the camp -lots of very busy roads surround SG Besi Camp. The lack of training was obvious, even though Juli slowed to a snails pace I could only just hold on and when there was a strong wind while going up a long hill I didn't manage to reach the top ( and that's a hill I've conquered before). All in all we cycled probably around 30km, and Juli is lovely company. Hope we can try again soon.

This morning both Danial and I completed the four-day 'International Life-Savers course in UPNM. In an earlier post I was lamenting about my boss refusing to sign my leave-application for this course. What I did was file for the leave again but this time put under 'reason for leave' school holiday. And this time he signed without further questions -motto; treat stupidity with stupidity. So coincidently while on school holiday I've managed to complete the ILS course.
It was fun taking this course together with the cadets, Danial and a few staff members. Apparently we all passed (guess the coaches just turned a blind eye here and there - I'm quite sure I didn't pass the 50m below 50sec test). The coach teaching the CPR part was quite lost, I doubt any of the participants will be able to perform CPR properly -just hope they'll never need to.
Danial did the same course last year with Kalam but was too young to get a certificate (minimum age >14yr). Now 3 members of our family are certified lifesavers - BAYWATCH HERE WE COME -need to buy some sexy red swim wear hahahii

Kalam just returned from LIMA, apparently met a few IM's while running around in Langkawi.

It's been raining the whole day, trying to decide between a run in the rain or going to the gym afterwards.

No comments: