Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Flora


A rare native orchid, not even sure of the name. It was about to open its flowers a few days ago but some nasty bug ate the flowerstem overnite. If I can get my hands on the bug, he's dead meat. The picture is from last year, that time also had flowers during fasting month.

A sunny hybrid orchid
Oncidium species. This plant took 2 years or so before the first flowers appeared. Since it has flowered every other month or so. I've slit the original plant into several pots. It is one of the few orchids with a smell, especially in the morning it has a soft vanilla like smell.
Besides the fauna our garden also contains flora. Here are some orchids which are which are floweriung this ramadan month:

Wah, one month with practically no training...., I miss swimming badly.
Work is busy, preparing exams for my ICU girls.
Rahmah is going back to Indonesia for a 2 weeks leave coming wednesday. I will take a few days off balik kampung sekejap...

2 comments:

bola2api said...

nurina, so nice the flowers!

MAJOR K said...

Mai la umah, kami jual murah2 aje ahahaha.....