Wednesday, October 17, 2007

that's life

Raya is over and I can't say I mind. It has never been my favorite festival, going from one house to another and stuffing yourself. Boring programs on tv, one exception - we just watched "Mukhsin", I can understand why this movie has won several international awards, suc a lovely enchanting story.
What is it with Malaysians and food anyway? Yesterday the minister was talking live to Malaysia's first astronaut and guess what the first question was about? (No prizes for for correct answer). Similarly a lot of the newspaper reports have been focussing on the food that he took along (rendang in space, tiada benda lain yang penting ke?)

On saturday night I felt a lot of sympathy with stuffed christmas turkeys. I know exactly how they must feel.
We visited Jasmi's and family who has been posted to Gemas Army camp one month ago. Nice to see him and hisa family but also a twinge of sadness. he should have been in Kona for the Ironman Worldchampion after finishing as Malaysia's no1 in Langkawi last februari. He's qualified for Kona 3 or 4 times allready but hasn't been able to find a sponsor yet.
We're back in town since monday, and tomorrow it's back to the office for me. Danial decided he wants to fast the 6 extra days in Syawal, Kalam joined him and after one day Dayan did as well, so now the 3 of them are fasting till saturday. Not for me, I missed the swimming pool way too much. Had a nice 2km swim yesterday, my face is sunburnt and I feel sooo much better. Indeed triathlon is addictive.
Otherwise not much news. We haven't seen our cat 'Squeekie' since we've returned. But even before we left she wasn't around much, too busy with her boyfriends....
My sister in law asked for a few cats, her cats are all elderly. Thinking of which ones to give her.
Kalam's mum is staying with us for a few days till the weekend - in the weekend we have to go and pick up Ati (she with her auntie in kampung)-.
Rahma returns from Indonesia next week, till then I have to be a housewife, yikes -never liked housework. And Kalam isn't exactly an enthusiastic help in the household putting it mildly). So even with a few days off didn't get a change to relax or train much, that's life...

3 comments:

Abu Soffian said...

Selamat Hari raya

Jeffri Mohd Rafiee said...

KALAM TAK BUAT KERJA RUMAH?.
HEH! APE PUNYE SUAMI MITHALI NI?

MAJOR K said...

Tak dapat status mithali pun tak pe, asalkan hidup aman dalam kem. Women never satisfied Jep, believe me!