Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Increasing waist bands

I've noticed a big difference this year while doing my Raya shopping. It used to be near-impossible for me to buy a ready-made Baju Kurung in my size. This year no problem at all; lots of L, XL, XXL etc available, got a Raya dress in just 15 minutes shopping-best!

I guess waist sizes in Malysia have been steadily increasing. But now I had another problem. Kalam uses a size S (unbelievable, he's still the same size as he was 15 yrs ago, talk about life not being fair!!!). There used to be lots of choice for him, Baju Melayu in all colors of the rainbow. But that's a thing of the past. I haven't been able to find a S-sizes in any of the 5 shops I've looked. Only M size, and nowadays M-size is really M-size, Kalam might drown in that size.
Desperate I came across a teenage Baju Melayu for a 13-14 yr old, it looked quite right to me. When I arrived home both Dayan and Darimi said 'That's for Papa?, but that baju is soo big'.
Let's see what happens when he tries it on. Of course I won't tell him it's a kids size (unless he reads this blog - do men read what their wives write I wonder, they don't listen when we nag so why should they read our blogs?)
Next year better not delay my Raya-shopping till last moment, those S-sizes a rare nowadays.

Last few days of fasting, this morning send our maid on a well deserved holiday. So now Mum has to do the cooking, cleaning and washing,pff. Got lots of chores lined up for our kids, spoiled brats, hardly ever washed a dish in their lives.

Still looking for someone to feed our cats while we go 'balik kampong' for a few days. All neighbours also balik kampong.
Talking about cats:
Last week Ati told us a big male cat was after Squeekie, he was even biting her! But she defended the our poor cat and chased the bugger away...., sure both cats frustrated!
Okay Mum gotta go and start cooking for Buka puasa; lambchops with black pepper sauce, yum

Have to grade my students exams, no energy this month...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mejar K wears S size?? wow.. but he is quite small compared to his fren.. ehem..

selamat hari raya!

princessren said...

selamat hari raya to mejar kalam, nurina and family and all the pets ;D Semoga semua nya selamat dari segi makan, mengamalkan ibadah, selamat sampai dan balik dan segala-galanya. Amin :)